Friday, October 12, 2007

Time


---This assignment is going to be fun.
---At first, I wanted to do this HUGE painting (I had already bought the frame-and really, it IS huge) of a girl sitting in front of her computer with piles of homework to do and all sorts of light sources... but then I had a reality check. If this is due next week, there's no way I would be able to finish that on time. I could do a detailed drawing on a smaller scale, but unless I did in coloured pencil or chalk pastel, I wouldn't be able to get the subtle colours I wanted.
---So.
---Since I've been reading all sorts of science-y books lately, I would like to try something different. I want to make a sculpture. I want to do a paper (or some other material) globe attatched to a hand crank, and it turns in one direction, and a paper airplane that either stays still, or goes in the other direction. It's an idea that's related to the speed of light. If an airplane goes in a certain direction around the earth (I think it's W to E), it will have experienced less time than if it had gone the exact same distance in the other direction.

No comments: